EXCLUSIVE: The recently completed Toronto International Film Festival will be memorable for its slate of good films and distribution deals, but also for the slew of new filmmakers that signed with Hollywood agencies. CAA just signed Brazilian helmer Rene Sampaio, whose directorial debut Brazilian Western made its debut at the festival. The film is based on the folk song by the legendary Brazilian band Legiao Urbana. It’s about a young man from the provinces who leaves his homeland to try his luck in the capital after the death of his parents. The song plays in the film’s end credits. Sampaio continues to be repped by the Timaeus Group.
CAA Signs Toronto Fest Helmer Rene Sampaio
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start