Brenton Thwaites is being set to star alongside Gerard Butler, Game Of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Geoffrey Rush in Gods Of Egypt, the Summit Entertainment period epic film to be directed by Alex Proyas. Butler plays Set, a god of the desert, storms, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. He killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Horus (Coster-Waldau), the son of Osiris, seeks revenge. Thwaites will play Bek, a human thief who cares little for the affairs of gods but when he discovers Zaya has been cursed by Set, he falls on the side of Horus, hoping that Set’s death will break the curse. The script was written by Burk Sharpless & Matt Sazama, the team behind Universal’s Dracula pic. Thwaites has been on a good roll of landing roles lately. He got Prince Charming opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent; he recently wrapped production on the Helen Hunt-helmed Ride as well as The Signal. Thwaites is right now shooting The Giver with Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep. Thwaites is repped by Dan Spilo at Industry Entertainment and WME.
Brenton Thwaites Lands ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Lead
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards Winners: The Complete List
- FIrst Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Scientific And Technical Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog
- ‘Deadpool’ Rises To $125M+, ‘Zoolander 2,’ ‘How To Be Single’ Follow – Int’l Box…
- Lionsgate Acquires UK Rights To ‘Ghost Stories’ – Berlin