Brenton Thwaites is being set to star alongside Gerard Butler, Game Of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Geoffrey Rush in Gods Of Egypt, the Summit Entertainment period epic film to be directed by Alex Proyas. Butler plays Set, a god of the desert, storms, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. He killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Horus (Coster-Waldau), the son of Osiris, seeks revenge. Thwaites will play Bek, a human thief who cares little for the affairs of gods but when he discovers Zaya has been cursed by Set, he falls on the side of Horus, hoping that Set’s death will break the curse. The script was written by Burk Sharpless & Matt Sazama, the team behind Universal’s Dracula pic. Thwaites has been on a good roll of landing roles lately. He got Prince Charming opposite Angelina Jolie in Maleficent; he recently wrapped production on the Helen Hunt-helmed Ride as well as The Signal. Thwaites is right now shooting The Giver with Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep. Thwaites is repped by Dan Spilo at Industry Entertainment and WME.
Brenton Thwaites Lands ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Lead
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'