Bravo has ordered a Season 2 of Newlyweds: The First Year. For the second season, as with the first, Bravo will partner with Monkey Kingdom, which is part of the NBCUniversal International Television Production family, and Eddie Schmidt (Twist of Faith). Season 1 of Newlyweds averaged about 1.3 million total viewers (L+7, premieres only), following four newlywed couples through their first 365 days of marriage. A full 50% of all marriages end in divorce, Bravo noted in today’s announcement. Spending the first year of a marriage on TV really helps.
Bravo Makes It Official: Four More Couples To Be Tailed On Season 2 Of ‘Newlyweds: The First Year’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’