That’s the thrust of the mobile phone company’s new message to customers who have “seen the headlines about BlackBerry” and may be “wondering what they mean for you.” And the bottom line, it says, is: “You can continue to count on BlackBerry.” The company’s stock price has plummeted 44% since late June as it became apparent that its BlackBerry 10 operating system introduced with great fanfare in January wouldn’t regain the market share that the company’s been losing to Apple’s iPhones and smartphones running Google’s Android. Last month BlackBerry agreed to a $4.7B deal with Fairfax Financial Holdings to go private, as it began to slash its payroll. “These are no doubt challenging times for us and we don’t underestimate the situation or ignore the challenges we are facing,” the company says in its new message. “We are making the difficult changes necessary to strengthen BlackBerry.” Meanwhile, its phones “continue to offer the best mobile typing experience – no ifs, ands or buts about it” as well as “best in class” security, enterprise mobility management, and mobile social network. “Yes, there is a lot of competition out there and we know that BlackBerry is not for everyone. That’s OK. You have always known that BlackBerry is different, that BlackBerry can set you apart….You trust your BlackBerry to deliver your most important messages, so trust us when we deliver one of our own: You can continue to count on us.”
BlackBerry Message: We’re Not Dead Yet
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Business News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Obamageddon Is In Effect As POTUS Arrives In L.A. For ‘Ellen’ & Fundraisers – Update