EXCLUSIVE: Black Label Media partners Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill have stepped up to finance Demolition, which becomes the next film directed by Dallas Buyers Club helmer Jean-Marc Vallée. The Black Label Media trio joins Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich, and Russell Smith, who are producing through their Mr. Mudd banner. Jason Reitman and Helen Estabrook are exec producers with Vallée’s producing partner and manager Nathan Ross. I wrote about this in May, when Vallee first boarded the drama. Bryan Sipe wrote the script, about a young investment banker struggling to understand his emotional disconnect after the tragic death of his wife. He begins to tear apart his life in a distraught effort to see where he went wrong, but is ultimately rescued by a woman he meets in a chance encounter. Sipe’s script made the Black List. They will now go out to cast to shoot next summer after Vallee completes Wild.
Black Label Media To Fund ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Helmer’s ‘Demolition’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema