EXCLUSIVE: Black Label Media partners Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill have stepped up to finance Demolition, which becomes the next film directed by Dallas Buyers Club helmer Jean-Marc Vallée. The Black Label Media trio joins Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich, and Russell Smith, who are producing through their Mr. Mudd banner. Jason Reitman and Helen Estabrook are exec producers with Vallée’s producing partner and manager Nathan Ross. I wrote about this in May, when Vallee first boarded the drama. Bryan Sipe wrote the script, about a young investment banker struggling to understand his emotional disconnect after the tragic death of his wife. He begins to tear apart his life in a distraught effort to see where he went wrong, but is ultimately rescued by a woman he meets in a chance encounter. Sipe’s script made the Black List. They will now go out to cast to shoot next summer after Vallee completes Wild.
Black Label Media To Fund ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Helmer’s ‘Demolition’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'
- Deadline's Mike Fleming Jr And Kurt Sutter Live-Blog The Emmys
- Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal – Turning Tragedy Into Legacy