EXCLUSIVE: Black Label Media partners Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill have stepped up to finance Demolition, which becomes the next film directed by Dallas Buyers Club helmer Jean-Marc Vallée. The Black Label Media trio joins Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich, and Russell Smith, who are producing through their Mr. Mudd banner. Jason Reitman and Helen Estabrook are exec producers with Vallée’s producing partner and manager Nathan Ross. I wrote about this in May, when Vallee first boarded the drama. Bryan Sipe wrote the script, about a young investment banker struggling to understand his emotional disconnect after the tragic death of his wife. He begins to tear apart his life in a distraught effort to see where he went wrong, but is ultimately rescued by a woman he meets in a chance encounter. Sipe’s script made the Black List. They will now go out to cast to shoot next summer after Vallee completes Wild.
Black Label Media To Fund ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Helmer’s ‘Demolition’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount