EXCLUSIVE: Black Label Media partners Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill and Thad Luckinbill have stepped up to finance Demolition, which becomes the next film directed by Dallas Buyers Club helmer Jean-Marc Vallée. The Black Label Media trio joins Lianne Halfon, John Malkovich, and Russell Smith, who are producing through their Mr. Mudd banner. Jason Reitman and Helen Estabrook are exec producers with Vallée’s producing partner and manager Nathan Ross. I wrote about this in May, when Vallee first boarded the drama. Bryan Sipe wrote the script, about a young investment banker struggling to understand his emotional disconnect after the tragic death of his wife. He begins to tear apart his life in a distraught effort to see where he went wrong, but is ultimately rescued by a woman he meets in a chance encounter. Sipe’s script made the Black List. They will now go out to cast to shoot next summer after Vallee completes Wild.
Black Label Media To Fund ‘Dallas Buyers Club’ Helmer’s ‘Demolition’
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
'The Fighter' Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City's Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Pinewood Studios In $425 Million Takeover Deal With U.S. Property Fund Venus Grafton
- Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz…
- Comedy Pic ‘Poms’ In Works With Sierra/Affinity Aboard
- ‘The Fighter’ Scribes To Co-Write Movie About Leicester City’s Hollywood-Ending English Soccer Season
- New Line Sets Sequel To Fright Sensation 'Lights Out'
- Anne Heche Plays Killer’s Mom In ‘My Friend Dahmer’