ABC News President Ben Sherwood made the announcement this morning, noting that Bill Weir gave notice that he was departing “for another opportunity in the news business.” Dan Harris, who has co-anchored the weekend edition of Good Morning America since 2010, will replace Weir as co-anchor of Nightline alongside Cynthia McFadden and Dan Abrams while continuing in his role at GMA Weekend. Weir, former sports anchor for Los Angeles’ KABC-7, helped launch GMA Weekend in 2004 and served as co-anchor until moving to Nightline in 2010, succeeded by Harris. “Bill’s style is singular; his voice unique; and we will miss him and, yes, his turkey frying safety tips,” Sherwood said.
Bill Weir Leaving ABC News, Dan Harris To Replace Him As ‘Nightline’ Co-Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Bruce Forsyth Dies: Brit TV Legend Who “Delighted Millions” Was 89
- DJ Nash Sells 2 Projects With Kapital Entertainment: Dramedy To ABC As Put Pilot, Comedy To CBS
- Another Presidential Council, This One Focused On The Arts, Quits On Donald Trump
- ITV Plans Build Mini-Theme Park In London
- Complex Networks And Fuse Media Agree To Share Content For Linear TV & Digital
- ‘Conan’ Reveals Trump-Obama Tapes: “Any Other Juicy Mandela Quotes You Could Throw My Way”?