ABC News President Ben Sherwood made the announcement this morning, noting that Bill Weir gave notice that he was departing “for another opportunity in the news business.” Dan Harris, who has co-anchored the weekend edition of Good Morning America since 2010, will replace Weir as co-anchor of Nightline alongside Cynthia McFadden and Dan Abrams while continuing in his role at GMA Weekend. Weir, former sports anchor for Los Angeles’ KABC-7, helped launch GMA Weekend in 2004 and served as co-anchor until moving to Nightline in 2010, succeeded by Harris. “Bill’s style is singular; his voice unique; and we will miss him and, yes, his turkey frying safety tips,” Sherwood said.
Bill Weir Leaving ABC News, Dan Harris To Replace Him As ‘Nightline’ Co-Anchor
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot