ABC News President Ben Sherwood made the announcement this morning, noting that Bill Weir gave notice that he was departing “for another opportunity in the news business.” Dan Harris, who has co-anchored the weekend edition of Good Morning America since 2010, will replace Weir as co-anchor of Nightline alongside Cynthia McFadden and Dan Abrams while continuing in his role at GMA Weekend. Weir, former sports anchor for Los Angeles’ KABC-7, helped launch GMA Weekend in 2004 and served as co-anchor until moving to Nightline in 2010, succeeded by Harris. “Bill’s style is singular; his voice unique; and we will miss him and, yes, his turkey frying safety tips,” Sherwood said.
Bill Weir Leaving ABC News, Dan Harris To Replace Him As ‘Nightline’ Co-Anchor
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips