For some reason, Millennium Films chief Avi Lerner likes to drop scoops in the Bulgarian press. That might mean that his revelation to the Standart that he is negotiating with Meryl Streep, Cameron Diaz and Milla Jovovich to be in The ExpendaBelles is news that could be contained within that country, where Lerner intends to shoot the movie. Unless a movie news hound like me finds a secret weapon — someone who speaks Bulgarian. Aside from being the best TV reporter around, my colleague Nellie Andreeva grew up speaking that language and she still reads the newspapers. Translation: Avi, you cannot hide. Lerner also confides he is searching for a female director for the action film that has a script by Legally Blonde scribes Karen McCullah Lutz and Kirsten Smith. Insiders say they need to find that director before they begin the casting process. All three of those actresses have done well in action including Streep, who did The River Wild. And given the beefcake names he has gotten for his The Expendables romps, why shouldn’t Lerner aim high? I would imagine Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Geena Davis and a few others might be getting phone calls. Stay tuned.
Avi Lerner Saves His ‘ExpendaBelles’ News For Bulgaria
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio