So much for all those inaccurate media reports that Arianna Huffington’s piece of the HuffPo-AOL deal was around $100 million. In fact, her share was less than 7% of the $315 million sales price. The Smoking Gun today posts a new court document stemming from an ongoing lawsuit. Marked ‘Confidential’ and ‘Attorney’s Eyes Only’ and dated February 2011, the memo prepared for AOL board members shows Arianna received about $21M. And $3.4M of that came in the form of stock options that would vest about 20 months after the deal closed and another $3M in stock options and restricted stock units. The document came to light because of a lawsuit by two consultants accusing Ariana and her business partner Kenneth Lerer of stealing the idea for HuffPo.
Arianna Made $21M From HuffPo-AOL Sale
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Team
- John Travolta, Kate Bosworth & Devon Sawa Wired Up For 'Life On The Line'
- 'Kingsman: The Secret Service': Hot Trailer
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End