Federal employees impacted by the government shutdown can use their free time to see a movie — and get free popcorn while they’re there – courtesy of AMC Theatres. Beginning today, federal workers just need to present a valid government or military ID at AMC concession stands to receive a free small popcorn. “The offer is good until common sense is restored in Washington D.C., or, more likely, until the shutdown ends or we run out of free popcorn”, AMC Theatres said in a statement. “There are hundreds of thousands of federal workers whose lives are being impacted,” said John McDonald, EVP Operations at AMC. “While we can’t do anything to resolve gridlock in Washington D.C., we can provide a few hours of entertainment, and free popcorn, while they wait to get back to work.” The purchase of a ticket is not necessary to receive the offer.
AMC Theatres Offering Free Popcorn For Federal Employees
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama
- Global Showbiz Briefs: South Korea Submits 'Sea Fog' For Foreign-Language Oscar Race; Winnie Lau Joins Jet Tone Films
- Peter Dinklage Set For 'The Thicket'; John Magaro Joins 'The Finest Hours'; Celebrity Death Pool Pic Adds 6 To Cast