Federal employees impacted by the government shutdown can use their free time to see a movie — and get free popcorn while they’re there – courtesy of AMC Theatres. Beginning today, federal workers just need to present a valid government or military ID at AMC concession stands to receive a free small popcorn. “The offer is good until common sense is restored in Washington D.C., or, more likely, until the shutdown ends or we run out of free popcorn”, AMC Theatres said in a statement. “There are hundreds of thousands of federal workers whose lives are being impacted,” said John McDonald, EVP Operations at AMC. “While we can’t do anything to resolve gridlock in Washington D.C., we can provide a few hours of entertainment, and free popcorn, while they wait to get back to work.” The purchase of a ticket is not necessary to receive the offer.
AMC Theatres Offering Free Popcorn For Federal Employees
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' [Video]
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake