Federal employees impacted by the government shutdown can use their free time to see a movie — and get free popcorn while they’re there – courtesy of AMC Theatres. Beginning today, federal workers just need to present a valid government or military ID at AMC concession stands to receive a free small popcorn. “The offer is good until common sense is restored in Washington D.C., or, more likely, until the shutdown ends or we run out of free popcorn”, AMC Theatres said in a statement. “There are hundreds of thousands of federal workers whose lives are being impacted,” said John McDonald, EVP Operations at AMC. “While we can’t do anything to resolve gridlock in Washington D.C., we can provide a few hours of entertainment, and free popcorn, while they wait to get back to work.” The purchase of a ticket is not necessary to receive the offer.
AMC Theatres Offering Free Popcorn For Federal Employees
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV