Federal employees impacted by the government shutdown can use their free time to see a movie — and get free popcorn while they’re there – courtesy of AMC Theatres. Beginning today, federal workers just need to present a valid government or military ID at AMC concession stands to receive a free small popcorn. “The offer is good until common sense is restored in Washington D.C., or, more likely, until the shutdown ends or we run out of free popcorn”, AMC Theatres said in a statement. “There are hundreds of thousands of federal workers whose lives are being impacted,” said John McDonald, EVP Operations at AMC. “While we can’t do anything to resolve gridlock in Washington D.C., we can provide a few hours of entertainment, and free popcorn, while they wait to get back to work.” The purchase of a ticket is not necessary to receive the offer.
AMC Theatres Offering Free Popcorn For Federal Employees
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'