EXCLUSIVE: A Harper offspring once again will be a permanent fixture on Two And A Half Men. Amber Tamblyn, who had been signed for a five-episode recurring stint playing Charlie Harper’s (Charlie Sheen) long-lost illegitimate 25-year-old daughter, has been made a regular on the veteran CBS comedy series. The move comes as Tamblyn is working on the fifth and last episode of her original arc and ensures a seamless transition to a regular status. Tamblyn made her debut in Two And A Half Men’s 11th-season premiere when Jenny shocked her uncle Alan (Jon Cryer) by showing up at Walden’s (Ashton Kutcher) beach house trying to connect with what’s left of her family. She happens to like everything her dad liked, including women. Tamblyn appears in five of the first six episodes from 2.5 Men’s 11th season. She will now co-star alongside Kutcher and Cryer, filling the void left by the departure as a regular of original co-lead Angus T. Jones, who plays Alan’s son (aka the “half” in Two And A Half Men). With the promotion, Tamblyn, repped by UTA and Hyler Management, becomes a regular on a CBS series exactly a decade after her breakout first regular role on another CBS series, drama Joan Of Arcadia, which premiered the same September 2003 week as 2.5 Men.
Amber Tamblyn Upped To Regular On ‘Two And A Half Men’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'