BREAKING: Voltage Films has cast Amanda Seyfried to play the daughter role opposite Russell Crowe in the Gabriele Muccino-directed film Fathers And Daughters, which Brad Desch scripted. Pic is a love story detailing the bond between a father and daughter living in New York. The story moves back and forth between the 1980s where Jake Davis, a famous novelist and widower, struggles with mental illness as he tries to raise his 5-year-old daughter, Katie, and 30-year-old Katie’s life in present-day Manhattan where she battles the demons that stem from her troubled childhood. Seyfried most recently starred in Lovelace and Les Miserables, the latter with Crowe. Next up is Seth MacFarlane’s Western A Million Ways To Die In The West.
Amanda Seyfried To Join Russell Crowe In ‘Fathers And Daughters’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- 'The Killer' Movie: Alex Holmes Set To Adapt For Pierre Morel, Studiocanal
- After Moving Slow As Corpse, 'Zombieland 2′ Gets Writer And Urgency
- Is the Movie Business Healthy Or Hurting? Deadline's Fleming and Busch Duke It Out In DeadlineNow Video
- Dylan Sellers Exits President Post at TWC
- Dennis Quaid Joins Dan Rather-George W. Bush Scandal Pic 'Truth'
- Quvenzhane Wallis To Star In Bestseller 'Counting By 7s'