BREAKING: Voltage Films has cast Amanda Seyfried to play the daughter role opposite Russell Crowe in the Gabriele Muccino-directed film Fathers And Daughters, which Brad Desch scripted. Pic is a love story detailing the bond between a father and daughter living in New York. The story moves back and forth between the 1980s where Jake Davis, a famous novelist and widower, struggles with mental illness as he tries to raise his 5-year-old daughter, Katie, and 30-year-old Katie’s life in present-day Manhattan where she battles the demons that stem from her troubled childhood. Seyfried most recently starred in Lovelace and Les Miserables, the latter with Crowe. Next up is Seth MacFarlane’s Western A Million Ways To Die In The West.
Amanda Seyfried To Join Russell Crowe In ‘Fathers And Daughters’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Fleming Jr
- James Cameron On 'Avatar' Sequels: 'You Will Sh*t Yourself With Your Mouth Wide Open'
- Fox Green Light Starts 'Independence Day' Sequel Countdown
- Sony Hacker Paralysis Reaches Day Two – Update
- Leslie Zemeckis Sells Book On Burlesque Siren Lili St. Cyr
- Weinstein Collars Pharrell Williams, Gwen Stefani For 'Paddington' Tune
- Wonderland Buys Insurgent Scribe Brian Duffield's 'The Babysitter' Spec In Auction