Will Clarke and Andy Mayson’s Altitude Film Entertainment is moving into the distribution space with the launch of Altitude Film Distribution. Former Momentum exec Hamish Moseley will head up the division whose first titles will be Asif Kapadia’s Amy Winehouse documentary; Morgan Neville’s Sundance debut 20 Feet From Stardom; and The Loch, a horror thriller starring Peter Mullan. The UK has been ripe for new distribution entrants since Momentum was folded into eOne after the latter took over Alliance, and with the disappearance of specialty company Revolver. Altitude Distribution’s launch comes just over a month after Icon UK announced its return to the business. Clarke, who founded Optimum Releasing and left the operation after it was taken over by Studiocanal, says the new company will source a “substantial number” of films from the international marketplace for UK distribution, as well as releasing films from its own production slate. Altitude’s recent production slate has included the James McAvoy-starrer Filth and the currently shooting Big Game with Samuel L Jackson which eOne will release in the UK. The company also has an international arm, Altitude Film Sales, which is run by Mike Runagall.
Altitude Launches UK Distribution Arm; Sets Three Titles For Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance