Will Clarke and Andy Mayson’s Altitude Film Entertainment is moving into the distribution space with the launch of Altitude Film Distribution. Former Momentum exec Hamish Moseley will head up the division whose first titles will be Asif Kapadia’s Amy Winehouse documentary; Morgan Neville’s Sundance debut 20 Feet From Stardom; and The Loch, a horror thriller starring Peter Mullan. The UK has been ripe for new distribution entrants since Momentum was folded into eOne after the latter took over Alliance, and with the disappearance of specialty company Revolver. Altitude Distribution’s launch comes just over a month after Icon UK announced its return to the business. Clarke, who founded Optimum Releasing and left the operation after it was taken over by Studiocanal, says the new company will source a “substantial number” of films from the international marketplace for UK distribution, as well as releasing films from its own production slate. Altitude’s recent production slate has included the James McAvoy-starrer Filth and the currently shooting Big Game with Samuel L Jackson which eOne will release in the UK. The company also has an international arm, Altitude Film Sales, which is run by Mike Runagall.
Altitude Launches UK Distribution Arm; Sets Three Titles For Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest Film News
- J.J. Abrams Says ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel “In The Works For Theaters”, Shows Off ‘Overlord…
- Paramount Unveils First Look At ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’ – CinemaCon
- ‘Kings’ Review: Halle Berry & Daniel Craig Can’t Save Tone-Deaf Movie Set During 1992 L.A. Riots
- Annapurna, Plan B Plot ‘Spotlight’-Like Movie On How NY Times Reporters Broke Harvey Weinstein Sex Scandal Story
- ‘A Quiet Place 2’ Is “In The Works”, Paramount Boss Says – CinemaCon
- Universal And Cher Whet Appetite For Highly Commercial 2018 Slate, Followed By Lunch With Focus – CinemaCon