Susanne Bier is headed back to Denmark for her next feature. The helmer will reteam with her In A Better World scripter Anders Thomas Jensen on drama A Second Chance. Game Of Thrones‘ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau stars in the film that asks the question: How far are decent human beings willing to go, when tragedy blurs the line between the just and unjust? Bier is coming off of Serena, her English-language feature drama that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. She also recently directed the Pierce Brosnan romantic comedy Love Is All You Need which Jensen also penned. Coster-Waldau is next up in Summit’s period epic Gods Of Egypt. A Second Chance is his first leading Danish role in over 10 years. He’s repped by WME and managed by Impression Entertainment; Bier is with CAA. The film is produced by Sisse Graum Jørgensen for Zentropa Entertainments14 in co-production with Zentropa International Sweden and Film i Väst. Nordisk will distribute in the Nordic territories and TrustNordisk will start presales at the AFM.
AFM: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau To Star In Susanne Bier’s ‘A Second Chance’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)
- Update: Oz Grants Disney Transfer Of Tax Incentive To Lure 'Pirates 5′ Down Under
- Update: Int'l Box Office: 'Apes' Dawns In China With $47M; 'Into The Storm' Whips Up Korea #1; 'Lucy' Crosses $150M; More