Susanne Bier is headed back to Denmark for her next feature. The helmer will reteam with her In A Better World scripter Anders Thomas Jensen on drama A Second Chance. Game Of Thrones‘ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau stars in the film that asks the question: How far are decent human beings willing to go, when tragedy blurs the line between the just and unjust? Bier is coming off of Serena, her English-language feature drama that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. She also recently directed the Pierce Brosnan romantic comedy Love Is All You Need which Jensen also penned. Coster-Waldau is next up in Summit’s period epic Gods Of Egypt. A Second Chance is his first leading Danish role in over 10 years. He’s repped by WME and managed by Impression Entertainment; Bier is with CAA. The film is produced by Sisse Graum Jørgensen for Zentropa Entertainments14 in co-production with Zentropa International Sweden and Film i Väst. Nordisk will distribute in the Nordic territories and TrustNordisk will start presales at the AFM.
AFM: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau To Star In Susanne Bier’s ‘A Second Chance’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'
- UPDATE: UK Jewish Film Fest, London's Tricycle Cinema Reach Entente