Susanne Bier is headed back to Denmark for her next feature. The helmer will reteam with her In A Better World scripter Anders Thomas Jensen on drama A Second Chance. Game Of Thrones‘ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau stars in the film that asks the question: How far are decent human beings willing to go, when tragedy blurs the line between the just and unjust? Bier is coming off of Serena, her English-language feature drama that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. She also recently directed the Pierce Brosnan romantic comedy Love Is All You Need which Jensen also penned. Coster-Waldau is next up in Summit’s period epic Gods Of Egypt. A Second Chance is his first leading Danish role in over 10 years. He’s repped by WME and managed by Impression Entertainment; Bier is with CAA. The film is produced by Sisse Graum Jørgensen for Zentropa Entertainments14 in co-production with Zentropa International Sweden and Film i Väst. Nordisk will distribute in the Nordic territories and TrustNordisk will start presales at the AFM.
AFM: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau To Star In Susanne Bier’s ‘A Second Chance’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Hits $100M+ High Note - First Sunday Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland’s Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Hits $100M+ High Note – First…
- Aishwarya Rai On Return To Film With ‘Jazbaa’ Helmer Sanjay Gupta – Video
- How Director Rick Famuyiwa Grew ‘Dope’ – Cannes Q&A
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes