Susanne Bier is headed back to Denmark for her next feature. The helmer will reteam with her In A Better World scripter Anders Thomas Jensen on drama A Second Chance. Game Of Thrones‘ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau stars in the film that asks the question: How far are decent human beings willing to go, when tragedy blurs the line between the just and unjust? Bier is coming off of Serena, her English-language feature drama that stars Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. She also recently directed the Pierce Brosnan romantic comedy Love Is All You Need which Jensen also penned. Coster-Waldau is next up in Summit’s period epic Gods Of Egypt. A Second Chance is his first leading Danish role in over 10 years. He’s repped by WME and managed by Impression Entertainment; Bier is with CAA. The film is produced by Sisse Graum Jørgensen for Zentropa Entertainments14 in co-production with Zentropa International Sweden and Film i Väst. Nordisk will distribute in the Nordic territories and TrustNordisk will start presales at the AFM.
AFM: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau To Star In Susanne Bier’s ‘A Second Chance’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 1
- 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' Checks In With New Trailer
- 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Ferris Bueller' & More Added To National Film Registry
- 'Mr Turner', 'Birdman' Lead London Critics' Circle Film Awards Nominations
- 10-Year-Old Newcomer Ruby Barnhill To Star In Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG'