British director Adam Smith will make his narrative feature debut with Trespass Against Us. Alastair Siddons penned the script for the gangster pic and will produce with Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood of Potboiler Productions (A Most Wanted Man). Michael Fassbender is in negotiations to star as Chad Cutler, a man who wants out of his outlaw family’s multi-generational criminal ways. Smith’s credits include episodes of Doctor Who, Little Dorrit and Skins and the feature documentary The Chemical Brothers: Don’t Think. The British electronic music duo will write and perform the original score for Trespass Against Us. Siddons has directed documentaries Turn It Loose and Inside Out: The People’s Art Project. This is his first feature fiction screenplay. Shooting is scheduled for 2014 in the UK, and Protagonist Pictures will begin pre-selling the film at the AFM next week. It was developed by and is being co-financed by Film4. The busy Fassbender is shooting Slow West for director John Maclean in New Zealand and will take on the leading role in Macbeth for Justin Kurzel in January. He’s repped by Troika Talent and CAA.
AFM: Michael Fassbender In Negotiations For Gangster Pic ‘Trespass Against Us’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- North Korea Slams Berlin Fest Over ‘The Interview’ – But Film Isn’t Part Of Lineup
- Simon West To Helm ‘The Blob’ Remake; Goldcrest Selling At EFM – Berlin
- ‘Wolf Hall’ Debut Sets 10-Year Record For BBC2; Critics Howl With Praise – Video
- Bohemia Group Invades New Zealand; ‘Timbuktu’ To Screen In Paris Suburb After All
- ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Actors & More To Join Sean Bean
- Russia To Control Film Release Dates; Will Hollywood Feel A Push?