British director Adam Smith will make his narrative feature debut with Trespass Against Us. Alastair Siddons penned the script for the gangster pic and will produce with Gail Egan and Andrea Calderwood of Potboiler Productions (A Most Wanted Man). Michael Fassbender is in negotiations to star as Chad Cutler, a man who wants out of his outlaw family’s multi-generational criminal ways. Smith’s credits include episodes of Doctor Who, Little Dorrit and Skins and the feature documentary The Chemical Brothers: Don’t Think. The British electronic music duo will write and perform the original score for Trespass Against Us. Siddons has directed documentaries Turn It Loose and Inside Out: The People’s Art Project. This is his first feature fiction screenplay. Shooting is scheduled for 2014 in the UK, and Protagonist Pictures will begin pre-selling the film at the AFM next week. It was developed by and is being co-financed by Film4. The busy Fassbender is shooting Slow West for director John Maclean in New Zealand and will take on the leading role in Macbeth for Justin Kurzel in January. He’s repped by Troika Talent and CAA.
AFM: Michael Fassbender In Negotiations For Gangster Pic ‘Trespass Against Us’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2