The rivalry of Olympic middle-distance runners Sebastian Coe and Steve Ovett in the years leading up to the 1980 Moscow Games will be the focus of Gold, a drama project revving up for next week’s AFM. Embankment Films, which is handling world sales, says Daniel Radcliffe is confirmed to play Coe. The British movie will reunite the actor with his The Woman In Black director James Watkins. Simon Beaufoy and How To Train Your Dragon‘s Will Davies wrote the script that’s based on Pat Butcher’s book The Perfect Distance. Coe and Ovett started racing against each other in 1972 and traded records for years. In Moscow in 1980, each won the other’s specialty. A UK and Russia shoot is gearing up for April. Joanna Anderson, Vicky Licorish and Kevin Loader are producing. The project was developed by BBC Films and the BFI with AL Films. Radcliffe is repped by the UK’s ARG and by UTA.
AFM: Daniel Radcliffe To Play Sebastian Coe In Sports Drama ‘Gold’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…