Continuing its support of international art house fare, Adopt Films has acquired German drama Exit Marrakech. The film had its international premiere in Toronto and also screened at the Hamptons Film Festival. Director Caroline Link, whose 2001 film Nowhere In Africa won the Foreign Language Oscar, helmed the pic about the rapprochement of a father and son on a cathartic road trip throughout Morocco. Ulrich Tukur (The White Ribbon, The Lives Of Others) stars with newcomer Samuel Schneider. New York-based Adopt picked up all U.S. rights from ARRI Worldsales, which co-produced the film. It’s planning an early summer 2014 release. The company also recently acquired two foreign Oscar entries: Israeli thriller Bethlehem and Palestine drama Omar.
Adopt Films Acquires Oscar-Winner Caroline Link’s ‘Exit Marrakech’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets