Continuing its support of international art house fare, Adopt Films has acquired German drama Exit Marrakech. The film had its international premiere in Toronto and also screened at the Hamptons Film Festival. Director Caroline Link, whose 2001 film Nowhere In Africa won the Foreign Language Oscar, helmed the pic about the rapprochement of a father and son on a cathartic road trip throughout Morocco. Ulrich Tukur (The White Ribbon, The Lives Of Others) stars with newcomer Samuel Schneider. New York-based Adopt picked up all U.S. rights from ARRI Worldsales, which co-produced the film. It’s planning an early summer 2014 release. The company also recently acquired two foreign Oscar entries: Israeli thriller Bethlehem and Palestine drama Omar.
Adopt Films Acquires Oscar-Winner Caroline Link’s ‘Exit Marrakech’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Kristin Scott Thomas Crowned Queen For New West End Run Of 'The Audience'
- Wild Bunch Opens Window On Pan-European Digital Distribution: AFM
- Sony Posts Wider Q2 Loss, Beats Estimates On Strong PlayStation4 Sales
- Bette Midler Wings Way To First UK TV Special; ITV To Feature Songs & Sit-Down
- Alex Garland's 'Ex Machina' Gives New Life To Artificial Intelligence: Hot Trailer
- Undaunted, Hong Kong Stars Court China Ire With Occupy Central Support