Continuing its support of international art house fare, Adopt Films has acquired German drama Exit Marrakech. The film had its international premiere in Toronto and also screened at the Hamptons Film Festival. Director Caroline Link, whose 2001 film Nowhere In Africa won the Foreign Language Oscar, helmed the pic about the rapprochement of a father and son on a cathartic road trip throughout Morocco. Ulrich Tukur (The White Ribbon, The Lives Of Others) stars with newcomer Samuel Schneider. New York-based Adopt picked up all U.S. rights from ARRI Worldsales, which co-produced the film. It’s planning an early summer 2014 release. The company also recently acquired two foreign Oscar entries: Israeli thriller Bethlehem and Palestine drama Omar.
Adopt Films Acquires Oscar-Winner Caroline Link’s ‘Exit Marrakech’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs Chinese Web Giant Youku Launches Heyi Film; eOne Acquires 'Seed' Producer Force Four; More
- Venice: Lido Digs Story Of Charlie Chaplin Graverobbers 'The Price Of Fame'
- World Film Community Joins Hands In Support Of Shuttered Beijing Festival
- Venice: 'Act Of Killing' Follow-Up 'The Look Of Silence' Makes Noise On The Lido (Video)
- Hot Trailer: Omar Sy As 'Samba' In 'Intouchables' Helmers' Latest