EXCLUSIVE: Upcoming Australian crime mystery drama Secrets & Lies is getting an American remake. ABC has given a 10-episode commitment to the project, from ABC Studios, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Australian-based Hoodlum, which produces the original series. Search is underway for an American showrunner. The original six-episode series, which will air on Ten network, stars Martin Henderson as a family man who finds the body of a young boy and quickly becomes the prime murder suspect. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation and his sanity are all at stake. Kaplan and Hoodlum’s Tracey Robertson and Nathan Mayfield are executive producing the U.S. adaptation, which already is exploring casting choices for the leads. Secrets & Lies reunites ABC, Kaplan and Hoodlum. The network recently gave a cast-contingent pilot order to comedy Strange Calls, also from Kapital Entertainment and based on a Hoodlum format. Hoodlum is with ICM Partners and Bob Myman; Kaplan is with Jamie Mandelbaum. If Secrets & Lies goes to series, it would be Kapital Entertainment’s sixth and third on ABC, joining The Neighbors and Back In The Game. (The company also has Instant Mom on Nick at Nite and the upcoming Friends With Better Lives on CBS and Chasing Life on ABC Family).
Adaptation Of Australian Series ‘Secrets & Lies’ Gets 10-Episode Series Commitment At ABC With Aaron Kaplan Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast