ABC has ordered a second season of Motive, its Canadian-made summer drama series. With last week’s renewal of fellow freshman Mistresses and the previous pickup of veteran Canadian import Rookie Blue, ABC will be bringing back its entire summer scripted lineup next summer. Created by Daniel Cerone (Dexter), Motive opened with a 1.4/4 in adults 18-49 behind Dancing With The Stars in May and was relatively steady, ending its first season with the same rating last month. The series stars Kristin Lehman as Detective Angie Flynn and Louis Ferreira as her partner, Detective Oscar Vega. It takes a different spin on the crime procedural format by identifying the Killer and Victim at the beginning of each episode and then piecing together the connection between the two characters and what drove the Killer to commit murder. Developed by CTV, the series is produced by Foundation Features and Lark Productions in association with Bell Media, and distributed by NBCUniversal International.
ABC’s ‘Motive’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Event Series 'Dig' Pushed To 2015, Eyes Additional Episode Order
- MTV Series 'Eye Candy' Casts 3 Regulars
- CBS Buys Mob Comedy From 'Big Bang' Actor Kevin Sussman & Neal Moritz
- Spike Buys Illegal Online Marketplace Drama From Tony Krantz & Gary Oldman
- IFC's 'Maron' Renewed For Third Season
- Brian Van Holt To Depart 'Cougar Town'