ABC has ordered a second season of Motive, its Canadian-made summer drama series. With last week’s renewal of fellow freshman Mistresses and the previous pickup of veteran Canadian import Rookie Blue, ABC will be bringing back its entire summer scripted lineup next summer. Created by Daniel Cerone (Dexter), Motive opened with a 1.4/4 in adults 18-49 behind Dancing With The Stars in May and was relatively steady, ending its first season with the same rating last month. The series stars Kristin Lehman as Detective Angie Flynn and Louis Ferreira as her partner, Detective Oscar Vega. It takes a different spin on the crime procedural format by identifying the Killer and Victim at the beginning of each episode and then piecing together the connection between the two characters and what drove the Killer to commit murder. Developed by CTV, the series is produced by Foundation Features and Lark Productions in association with Bell Media, and distributed by NBCUniversal International.
ABC’s ‘Motive’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'