ABC did best during Premiere Week with primetime entertainment shows at attracting upscale 18-49-year-olds, Nielsen reported today. ABC’s first-place status was powered by returning Modern Family and the premiere of Marvels Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Those two entertainment programs rated No. 1 and 2 with 18-49-year-olds in $100K homes. ABC clocked a 2.8 rating with its entertainment programming in this metric, followed by NBC with a 2.4 rating, CBS’s 2.3 rating, and Fox’s 1.7 rating. Modern Family reported an annual median income of $80,400 for its young adult audience. S.H.I.E.L.D, meanwhile, clocked in at $70,800. In addition to S.H.I.E.L.D, three more freshman series made Premiere Week’s Top 15 list of regular entertainment broadcasts among upscale 18-49-ers: NBC’s The Blacklist ($65,700), CBS’s The Crazy Ones ($62,500) and ABC’s The Goldbergs ($69,800).
ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ Starts Season As Top Entertainment Show With Upscale Young Viewers
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…