ABC did best during Premiere Week with primetime entertainment shows at attracting upscale 18-49-year-olds, Nielsen reported today. ABC’s first-place status was powered by returning Modern Family and the premiere of Marvels Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Those two entertainment programs rated No. 1 and 2 with 18-49-year-olds in $100K homes. ABC clocked a 2.8 rating with its entertainment programming in this metric, followed by NBC with a 2.4 rating, CBS’s 2.3 rating, and Fox’s 1.7 rating. Modern Family reported an annual median income of $80,400 for its young adult audience. S.H.I.E.L.D, meanwhile, clocked in at $70,800. In addition to S.H.I.E.L.D, three more freshman series made Premiere Week’s Top 15 list of regular entertainment broadcasts among upscale 18-49-ers: NBC’s The Blacklist ($65,700), CBS’s The Crazy Ones ($62,500) and ABC’s The Goldbergs ($69,800).
ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ Starts Season As Top Entertainment Show With Upscale Young Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video