ABC did best during Premiere Week with primetime entertainment shows at attracting upscale 18-49-year-olds, Nielsen reported today. ABC’s first-place status was powered by returning Modern Family and the premiere of Marvels Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Those two entertainment programs rated No. 1 and 2 with 18-49-year-olds in $100K homes. ABC clocked a 2.8 rating with its entertainment programming in this metric, followed by NBC with a 2.4 rating, CBS’s 2.3 rating, and Fox’s 1.7 rating. Modern Family reported an annual median income of $80,400 for its young adult audience. S.H.I.E.L.D, meanwhile, clocked in at $70,800. In addition to S.H.I.E.L.D, three more freshman series made Premiere Week’s Top 15 list of regular entertainment broadcasts among upscale 18-49-ers: NBC’s The Blacklist ($65,700), CBS’s The Crazy Ones ($62,500) and ABC’s The Goldbergs ($69,800).
ABC’s ‘Modern Family’ Starts Season As Top Entertainment Show With Upscale Young Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.