ABC has ordered two extra scripts each of new Wednesday comedy series Back In The Game and Super Fun Night. The move follows the three-script orders last week for the network’s two other new comedy series, The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife. None of ABC’s freshman comedies has broken out this fall. In their most recent airings, Back In The Game, which stars James Caan and Maggie Lawson, logged a 1.9 among adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day, while Rebel Wilson starrer Super Fun Night, which airs behind Modern Family, posted a 2.1. ABC’s only episodic pickup so far this season has been to new drama Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which received a full-season order. Fellow new drama Lucky 7 already has been cancelled, while Betrayal and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland have first-season story arcs set for 13 or so episodes, like Fox’s Sleepy Hollow, so ABC has time before having to make a call on the low-rated dramas.
ABC’s ‘Back In The Game’ & ‘Super Fun Night’ Get Script Orders
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing
- Bob Greenblatt: ‘The Voice,’ ‘This Is Us’ Are The “Antidote To The World We Live In”
- NBC Plans ‘Bye Bye, Birdie’ Starring Jennifer Lopez For 2017 Live Musical
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals