ABC has ordered two extra scripts each of new Wednesday comedy series Back In The Game and Super Fun Night. The move follows the three-script orders last week for the network’s two other new comedy series, The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife. None of ABC’s freshman comedies has broken out this fall. In their most recent airings, Back In The Game, which stars James Caan and Maggie Lawson, logged a 1.9 among adults 18-49 in Live+Same Day, while Rebel Wilson starrer Super Fun Night, which airs behind Modern Family, posted a 2.1. ABC’s only episodic pickup so far this season has been to new drama Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., which received a full-season order. Fellow new drama Lucky 7 already has been cancelled, while Betrayal and Once Upon A Time In Wonderland have first-season story arcs set for 13 or so episodes, like Fox’s Sleepy Hollow, so ABC has time before having to make a call on the low-rated dramas.
ABC’s ‘Back In The Game’ & ‘Super Fun Night’ Get Script Orders
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?