A multicamera comedy from top standup comedian Kevin Hart and former Community executive producers Neil Goldman and Garrett Donovan has landed at ABC with a put pilot commitment. Written by Goldman and Donovan, the project is based on Hart’s stand-up. It takes a candid look at the post-divorce life of a couple trying to forge a friendship for the sake of their kids, despite differences. 20th Century Fox TV is producing, with Hart, his manager Dave Becky, Goldman and Donovan executive producing. There are no plans for Hart to star but he will likely play a recurring role if the series goes forward. Hart had been heavily pursued for a comedy series — especially after the breakout success of his 2013 feature Think Like A Man – with a number of ideas, including a 10/90 sitcom. His comedy tours have sold out arenas in the past few years, and his recent stand-up film Let Me Explain overperformed with $32+ million gross. Up next, Hart, repped by UTA, 3 Arts and attorney James Adams, is set to star in Ride Along, Grudge Match and a remake of About Last Night. UTA-repped Goldman and Donovan are under an overall deal at 20th TV. Before Community, they spent eight seasons on Scrubs, rising to executive producers and earning a writing Emmy nomination in 2004 for their “My Screwup” episode.
ABC Nabs Comedy Based On Kevin Hart’s Stand-Up With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’