With production still underway on the back freshman season order for ABC Family‘s The Fosters, the network has picked up a second season of the family drama, executive produced by Jennifer Lopez. The second part of Season 1 launches in January 2014. “The Fosters has demonstrated its ability to build an audience, and the creative team’s compelling storytelling assures us that there will be more growth in upcoming seasons,” said ABC Family Chief Creative Officer Kate Juergens. The Fosters ranked as the #1 new cable TV series of the summer in viewers 12-34 and females 12-34, building throughout its run and setting across-the-board series highs in its summer finale. The Fosters, which was lauded by GLAAD in its annual LGBT representation on TV report released today, is about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms, played by Teri Polo and Sherri Saum. Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige are the creators/executive producers/showrunners, with Johanna Johnson as exec producer/co-showrunner.
ABC Family’s ‘The Fosters’ Gets Early Second-Season Pickup
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists