With production still underway on the back freshman season order for ABC Family‘s The Fosters, the network has picked up a second season of the family drama, executive produced by Jennifer Lopez. The second part of Season 1 launches in January 2014. “The Fosters has demonstrated its ability to build an audience, and the creative team’s compelling storytelling assures us that there will be more growth in upcoming seasons,” said ABC Family Chief Creative Officer Kate Juergens. The Fosters ranked as the #1 new cable TV series of the summer in viewers 12-34 and females 12-34, building throughout its run and setting across-the-board series highs in its summer finale. The Fosters, which was lauded by GLAAD in its annual LGBT representation on TV report released today, is about a multi-ethnic family mix of foster and biological kids being raised by two moms, played by Teri Polo and Sherri Saum. Bradley Bredeweg and Peter Paige are the creators/executive producers/showrunners, with Johanna Johnson as exec producer/co-showrunner.
ABC Family’s ‘The Fosters’ Gets Early Second-Season Pickup
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek