EXCLUSIVE: J.J. Abrams is reteaming with The Vow writers Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein for a new comedy project, this time at ABC. The network has put in development Main Street, an ensemble single-camera half-hour written by Kohn and Silverstein. The project, which has a script commitment, centers on a group of friends who, facing the reality that making it in a big city is a dead-end proposition, move to the Mississippi Delta to try to make their dreams come true there. Kohn and Silverstein are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk, while Kathy Lingg serves as a co-exec producer and Athena Wickham as producer for Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV. Last season, Bad Robot sold another single-camera comedy project from Kohn and Silverstein, Adulting, which landed a put pilot commitment to Fox but did not go to pilot.
ABC Buys Bad Robot Ensemble Comedy From Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
Parents & Frequent Moviegoers Are Desensitized To Violence, Sex In Film; Likely So Is MPAA Ratings Board: Study
More From Andreeva
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'