EXCLUSIVE: J.J. Abrams is reteaming with The Vow writers Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein for a new comedy project, this time at ABC. The network has put in development Main Street, an ensemble single-camera half-hour written by Kohn and Silverstein. The project, which has a script commitment, centers on a group of friends who, facing the reality that making it in a big city is a dead-end proposition, move to the Mississippi Delta to try to make their dreams come true there. Kohn and Silverstein are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk, while Kathy Lingg serves as a co-exec producer and Athena Wickham as producer for Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV. Last season, Bad Robot sold another single-camera comedy project from Kohn and Silverstein, Adulting, which landed a put pilot commitment to Fox but did not go to pilot.
ABC Buys Bad Robot Ensemble Comedy From Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'