EXCLUSIVE: J.J. Abrams is reteaming with The Vow writers Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein for a new comedy project, this time at ABC. The network has put in development Main Street, an ensemble single-camera half-hour written by Kohn and Silverstein. The project, which has a script commitment, centers on a group of friends who, facing the reality that making it in a big city is a dead-end proposition, move to the Mississippi Delta to try to make their dreams come true there. Kohn and Silverstein are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk, while Kathy Lingg serves as a co-exec producer and Athena Wickham as producer for Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV. Last season, Bad Robot sold another single-camera comedy project from Kohn and Silverstein, Adulting, which landed a put pilot commitment to Fox but did not go to pilot.
ABC Buys Bad Robot Ensemble Comedy From Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup