EXCLUSIVE: J.J. Abrams is reteaming with The Vow writers Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein for a new comedy project, this time at ABC. The network has put in development Main Street, an ensemble single-camera half-hour written by Kohn and Silverstein. The project, which has a script commitment, centers on a group of friends who, facing the reality that making it in a big city is a dead-end proposition, move to the Mississippi Delta to try to make their dreams come true there. Kohn and Silverstein are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk, while Kathy Lingg serves as a co-exec producer and Athena Wickham as producer for Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV. Last season, Bad Robot sold another single-camera comedy project from Kohn and Silverstein, Adulting, which landed a put pilot commitment to Fox but did not go to pilot.
ABC Buys Bad Robot Ensemble Comedy From Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Stars Hit PaleyFest To Tease Season 2, Trips To The Colonies, & America’s Descent…
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits