EXCLUSIVE: J.J. Abrams is reteaming with The Vow writers Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein for a new comedy project, this time at ABC. The network has put in development Main Street, an ensemble single-camera half-hour written by Kohn and Silverstein. The project, which has a script commitment, centers on a group of friends who, facing the reality that making it in a big city is a dead-end proposition, move to the Mississippi Delta to try to make their dreams come true there. Kohn and Silverstein are executive producing with Abrams and Bryan Burk, while Kathy Lingg serves as a co-exec producer and Athena Wickham as producer for Bad Robot and Warner Bros. TV. Last season, Bad Robot sold another single-camera comedy project from Kohn and Silverstein, Adulting, which landed a put pilot commitment to Fox but did not go to pilot.
ABC Buys Bad Robot Ensemble Comedy From Abby Kohn & Marc Silverstein
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations