EXCLUSIVE: ABC has teamed with Chris Weitz (About A Boy) and Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey’s ABC Studios-based Temple Hill (ABC’s Revenge) for a drama series project based on Beta, the first in the YA book series by best-selling author Rachel Cohn. Written by young feature writer Lindsay Devlin, the project is set in the near future when clones have become the enslaved work force for the wealthy. But when a new Beta model is introduced and discovers the dark truth about her own origins, she also begins to uncover secrets and lies within the utopian island community she’s serving. Temple Hill’s Bowen, Godfrey and Larry Gilbert will executive produce with Depth of Field’s Chris Weitz, Andrew Miano and Paul Weitz. Beta reunites Chris Weitz, who directed The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and Temple Hill, the company behind the blockbuster movie franchise. “We had a great time working with Temple Hill on New Moon and are thrilled to be back in business with Wyck, Marty and Larry,” Chris Weitz said. The project also brings back together Depth of Field and Cohn after the company produced the film adaptation of Cohn’s book with David Levithan, Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Devlin, repped by UTA and Mosaic, recently wrote Devil’s Due at Fox. “Lindsay Devlin is a terrific writer,” Bowen said. “We’re all excited to see her capture Rachel Cohn’s dystopic vision.” Depth of Field is repped by WME and Morris Yorn.
ABC Adapting YA Book Series ‘Beta’ With Chris Weitz & Temple Hill
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Crown’ Review: Netflix’s Royal Drama Glitters, With History The True Jewel
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Low – Update
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Clinton Camp Demands More Info As FBI Ponders Emails Found In Anthony Weiner Probe – Update
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV