EXCLUSIVE: ABC has teamed with Chris Weitz (About A Boy) and Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey’s ABC Studios-based Temple Hill (ABC’s Revenge) for a drama series project based on Beta, the first in the YA book series by best-selling author Rachel Cohn. Written by young feature writer Lindsay Devlin, the project is set in the near future when clones have become the enslaved work force for the wealthy. But when a new Beta model is introduced and discovers the dark truth about her own origins, she also begins to uncover secrets and lies within the utopian island community she’s serving. Temple Hill’s Bowen, Godfrey and Larry Gilbert will executive produce with Depth of Field’s Chris Weitz, Andrew Miano and Paul Weitz. Beta reunites Chris Weitz, who directed The Twilight Saga: New Moon, and Temple Hill, the company behind the blockbuster movie franchise. “We had a great time working with Temple Hill on New Moon and are thrilled to be back in business with Wyck, Marty and Larry,” Chris Weitz said. The project also brings back together Depth of Field and Cohn after the company produced the film adaptation of Cohn’s book with David Levithan, Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist. Devlin, repped by UTA and Mosaic, recently wrote Devil’s Due at Fox. “Lindsay Devlin is a terrific writer,” Bowen said. “We’re all excited to see her capture Rachel Cohn’s dystopic vision.” Depth of Field is repped by WME and Morris Yorn.
ABC Adapting YA Book Series ‘Beta’ With Chris Weitz & Temple Hill
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'