Universal has moved the release date twice for 47 Ronin, the 3D action-adventure pic set in mythical Japan about a half-breed slave (Keanu Reeves) who joins a band of 47 masterless samurai in a quest for vengeance. Storylines outside the movie are as numerous as those within the pic: as our Mike Fleming Jr reported last fall, the studio took a more active hand in editing first-time director Karl Rinsch’s movie, there were reshoots, and the budget is being tethered at around $200 million despite reports it went much higher. Despite all that, Universal is releasing it Christmas Day — not a place to hide a poor movie. The latest trailer just dropped so decide for yourself if it was all worth it:
Hot Trailer: ‘47 Ronin’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'