24: Live Another Day, the upcoming 24 event series, will be set in Europe and film in London. The project, from 20th TV, Imagine TV and Howard Gordon, is set for debut on Fox next year. “24 has always had such a global sensibility,” said star and executive producer Kiefer Sutherland. “But to be able to tell this intense 24-style story with the beauty of Europe’s history and architecture as the backdrop is going to be fascinating.” Co-showrunners and executive producer Evan Katz provided a glimpse into the the series’ storyline and timeline. “Four years ago, we left Jack (Sutherland) a fugitive from justice and we’re going to pick him up four years later in London,” Katz said. Added Coto, “Jack is soon back on the run and it takes us into the streets of London and in places that break new ground for the show. We’ve shot in New York, Washington, Los Angeles and Cape Town — but now we’re in London and Jack’s loose on the streets of Europe, hunted by and hunting bad guys.” The only time 24 has filmed outside of the US was the 2008 telefilm 24: Redemption, which helped bridge two seasons after the series was disrupted by the writers strike.
‘24: Live Another Day’ To Film In London
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Andreeva
- Quartet Cast In HBO's 'Crime' Miniseries
- ABC Nabs Fortune Feimster Comedy From Matt Hubbard, Tina Fey & Robert Carlock
- Lifetime Orders 'Lizzie Borden' Limited Series Starring Christina Ricci
- 'Bewitched' Follow-Up Series Lands At NBC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Brad Silberling Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- Amanda Righetti Joins Carlton Cuse's USA Pilot 'Colony'