EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Peter Segal and his Callahan Filmworks producing partner Michael Ewing. The duo has been on the move lately. They left CAA in April to rejoin their longtime agent Adam Kanter at upstart agency Resolution. Now they have moved again. Segal most recently helmed the Warner Bros comedy Grudge Match, which stars Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone as former boxers who get in the ring one last time to settle a long dispute. Callahan Filmworks produced with Bill Gerber. Segal’s comedy credits include Tommy Boy, The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, Anger Management and Get Smart, so it’s a good get for WME. Segal is still repped by attorney Lawrence Rose.
WME Signs ‘Tommy Boy’ Helmer Peter Segal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners