EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Peter Segal and his Callahan Filmworks producing partner Michael Ewing. The duo has been on the move lately. They left CAA in April to rejoin their longtime agent Adam Kanter at upstart agency Resolution. Now they have moved again. Segal most recently helmed the Warner Bros comedy Grudge Match, which stars Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone as former boxers who get in the ring one last time to settle a long dispute. Callahan Filmworks produced with Bill Gerber. Segal’s comedy credits include Tommy Boy, The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, Anger Management and Get Smart, so it’s a good get for WME. Segal is still repped by attorney Lawrence Rose.
WME Signs ‘Tommy Boy’ Helmer Peter Segal
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest Film News
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…
- Why Does Time Warner Want To Sell To AT&T, And What Will It Mean For Media?
- Margot Robbie Near Deal To Join ‘Peter Rabbit’
- Paramount Picks Up Spec ‘Northeast Kingdom’ For Platinum Dunes; Alex R. Johnson Attached To Direct