EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Peter Segal and his Callahan Filmworks producing partner Michael Ewing. The duo has been on the move lately. They left CAA in April to rejoin their longtime agent Adam Kanter at upstart agency Resolution. Now they have moved again. Segal most recently helmed the Warner Bros comedy Grudge Match, which stars Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone as former boxers who get in the ring one last time to settle a long dispute. Callahan Filmworks produced with Bill Gerber. Segal’s comedy credits include Tommy Boy, The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, Anger Management and Get Smart, so it’s a good get for WME. Segal is still repped by attorney Lawrence Rose.
WME Signs ‘Tommy Boy’ Helmer Peter Segal
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities