EXCLUSIVE: WME has just signed Peter Segal and his Callahan Filmworks producing partner Michael Ewing. The duo has been on the move lately. They left CAA in April to rejoin their longtime agent Adam Kanter at upstart agency Resolution. Now they have moved again. Segal most recently helmed the Warner Bros comedy Grudge Match, which stars Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone as former boxers who get in the ring one last time to settle a long dispute. Callahan Filmworks produced with Bill Gerber. Segal’s comedy credits include Tommy Boy, The Longest Yard, 50 First Dates, Anger Management and Get Smart, so it’s a good get for WME. Segal is still repped by attorney Lawrence Rose.
WME Signs ‘Tommy Boy’ Helmer Peter Segal
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie