EXCLUSIVE: Keanu Reeves has a new friend and an enemy in John Wick. Two-time Oscar nominee Willem Dafoe is set play a hitman in the Thunder Road pic. The thriller sees Dafoe’s Marcus character hired to take out the Reeves-portrayed title character, who is a former contract killer himself. Oh yeah, and Marcus also happens to be a close friend of the Wick character. He was the one who encouraged Wick to leave the life after his wife dies. Only later do things turn sour when Marcus gets the job to kill his friend. In the film, Reeves stars as the retired hitman who goes after the guy who stole his car and in the process killed Wick’s beloved dog — a present from his late wife. Turns out the thief’s dad is a crime boss in New York, who puts a contract out on Wick. Derek Kolstad wrote the script for John Wick. Dafoe recently joined The Fault In Our Stars and also will appear in Scott Cooper’s Out Of The Furnace, Lars Von Trier’s Nymphomaniac and Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel. Kolstad is repped by APA and New Wave Entertainment. Willem Dafoe is repped by ICM Partners and Circle of Confusion.
Willem Dafoe Joins Keanu Reeves Hitman Thriller ‘John Wick’
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer
- ‘Agents Of SHIELD’s Chloe Bennet, Logan Paul & More Join MGM’s ‘Valley Girl’ Remake
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Filmmaker Ted Melfi Lines Up Strong Ensemble Cast For ‘El Camino Christmas…
- Adam Sandler, Chris Rock Team For Robert Smigel-Helmed ‘The Week Of’ At Netflix
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’: Fox Searchlight Fetches 2018 Date For Wes Anderson’s All-Star Toon
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout