EXCLUSIVE: Brothers Zeke and Simon Hawkins make their directorial debut with the genre-blending, Texas-set noir We Gotta Get Out Of This Place, world premiering this month at the Toronto Film Festival. The TIFF Vanguard selection stars Mackenzie Davis (Smashed), Logan Huffman (V), and Jeremy Allen White (Shameless) as three teen pals who are on the brink of escaping their tiny cotton mill town when they’re forced to pull off a heist for a brutal local farmer (LOST‘s Mark Pellegrino). It’s the second TIFF 2013 debut for Davis who also stars opposite Daniel Radcliffe in The F Word. William Devane and Jon Gries also appear in the film, which is scripted by Dutch Southern and will be shopped at TIFF by Submarine’s Josh Braun. Pic is produced by Rough & Tumble’s Brian Udovich (The Wackness, All The Boys Love Mandy Lane) and Justin X. Duprie. Here’s a Deadline exclusive clip:
Hot Toronto Clip: ‘We Gotta Get Out Of This Place’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Bron Studios Secures Revolving $50M Credit Line From Comerica Bank
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?