Deadline Awards Columnist Pete Hammond and International Editor Nancy Tartaglione sit down with host David Bloom to wrap up the Telluride, Venice and Toronto film festivals and the many awards-worthy movies coming out of them, including Gravity, Philomena, 12 Years A Slave and August: Osage County. They also look ahead to potential Oscar contenders that will be playing in the New York and London film festivals, including Her, Rush, Captain Phillips and Saving Mr. Banks, along with a Cannes Palme D’Or winner, Blue Is The Warmest Color, that won’t be eligible for the Foreign-Language Oscar but will pursue all other categories in the awards chase.
Deadline’s Film Fest Wrap-Up And Awards Season Preview: Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Hammond
- Emmygeddon: Can TV Academy Avoid Monday Night Traffic Nightmare?
- Leonard Maltin's Movie Guide Ending After 45 Years – Internet Kills Iconic Print Paperback
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association Donates Millions As Golden Globe Hopefuls Help The Cause
- Lauren Bacall Appreciation: They Don't Make Them Like Her Anymore
- Robin Williams: A Huge Funny/Dramatic Talent Who Proved He Could Do It All — An Appreciation
- EMMYS: Familiar Faces Fill Drama Acting Categories, Again