EXCLUSIVE: In the first scripted pickup under new head of development Susan Levison, VH1 has given a pilot order to Hindsight, an hourlong scripted drama from writer Emily Fox (Jane By Design) and Timberman/Beverly. The project, previously developed at NBC, centers on Becca who, as she nears 40, is about to embark on her second wedding to Andy Kelly, but her joy is tempered by the absence of her old best friend Lolly who’s a no-show, having dropped out of their relationship years ago. As Becca mulls over her past with Lolly and the mishap of her marriage to her first husband, Sean, she wakes up on her wedding day and discovers that it’s 15 years in the past — she’s about to marry Sean, her own parents are still married, and Lolly is still in her life. Becca must now decide to either go ahead with her marriage to Sean and watch the years play out as they have before, or chuck it all and try for a re-do of the history of her life that’s still in the future. VH1 and Timberman/Beverly are producing, with Fox, Carl Beverly, Sarah Timberman and Maggie Malina exec producing, along with VH1’s Levison and Jill Holmes. VH1 is looking to expand its scripted portfolio, building on the success of its first hourlong scripted series Single Ladies.
VH1 Greenlights Drama Pilot ‘Hindsight’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess