UKTV is the broadcast joint venture between BBC Worldwide and Scripps Networks Interactive. It recently ordered its first original sitcom You, Me & Them, starring Buffy The Vampire Slayer‘s Anthony Head, and today says it’s moving into drama. Life On Mars creator Tony Jordan‘s Red Planet Pictures is developing the 10-part Legion to air on UKTV’s flagship channel, Watch. Jordan, whose other credits inlcude Death In Paradise and the upcoming By Any Means and The Great War, says he’s been working on Legion for 15 years and calls it his “ultimate passion project.” The story follows a criminologist who makes a deal with the devil to save the life of his 10-year-old daughter who’s suffering from an inoperable brain tumor. When he finds he’s been tricked, he undertakes to renegotiate his contract by fighting the devil’s work on Earth which leads to a revelation that will forever change the world. The UK’s new TV tax credit is making it an attractive production location and Legion producers are talking to potential international co-production partners with an eye to close a deal at next month’s Mipcom TV market.
UKTV Commissions Tony Jordan’s ‘Legion’ As First Original Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest International News
- Sky To Invest $20 Million In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope'; Global Briefs
- Ex-Focus Head James Schamus Resurfaces In China First Look With Meridian Entertainment
- Discovery Chief Says U.S. TV Market Is Weakening While Overseas Grows
- Music Box Acquires Pablo Larrain’s ‘The Club’ For North America
- ‘Tomorrowland’s $74.7M Global Bow; ‘Pitch Perfect 2′ Singing $190.4M Cume; ‘Mad Max’ Smokin’ $227.7M – Wwide…
- ITV Walking Away From Weinstein Co. TV Deal; What Now For Bob And Harvey?