D’Angela Proctor will provide strategic direction of all original programming and oversee all development and current production for TV One, reporting to President & CEO Alfred Liggins, the network announced today. Proctor joins TV One from Strange Fruit Media, where she was a co-owner and co-president. During her 15 years with Strange Fruit, Proctor developed, created and/or produced music videos, live music and comedy recordings, documentaries, feature films and television series. In the television arena, Proctor served as exec producer and creative consultant to BET from 2008 to 2010. During her stint there, she developed multiple film and television concepts, executive produced The Family Crew, Vindicated and Sunday Best. Most recently, Proctor created the upcoming OWN docu-reality series, Crazy. Sexy. Life. Proctor also produced the Family Reunion television series for TV One and the Daddy’s Girl Laila Ali documentary for the network.
TV One Names D’Angela Proctor SVP Programming & Production
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut