Art Lyons will exclusively produce series and specials for Discovery Studios under the overall deal announced today. “Art is an industry visionary who understands Discovery’s brand promise and sensibilities. The addition of his expertise to our already strong roster will ensure Discovery Studios continues to deliver high quality and compelling content,” said Lee Bartlett, President, Discovery Studios, in a statement. Lyons has been producing unscripted series for broadcast and cable networks for over a decade, beginning his career in development at Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family). He had a hand in launching ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, The Ultimate Fighter and Spike TV’s Auction Hunters. Lyons’ recent original projects include Discovery Channel’s The Bluegrass Boys, Treasure Chase and National Geographic’s Appalachia 911.
TV Industry Vet Art Lyons Inks Overall Deal With Discovery Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring