Art Lyons will exclusively produce series and specials for Discovery Studios under the overall deal announced today. “Art is an industry visionary who understands Discovery’s brand promise and sensibilities. The addition of his expertise to our already strong roster will ensure Discovery Studios continues to deliver high quality and compelling content,” said Lee Bartlett, President, Discovery Studios, in a statement. Lyons has been producing unscripted series for broadcast and cable networks for over a decade, beginning his career in development at Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family). He had a hand in launching ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, The Ultimate Fighter and Spike TV’s Auction Hunters. Lyons’ recent original projects include Discovery Channel’s The Bluegrass Boys, Treasure Chase and National Geographic’s Appalachia 911.
TV Industry Vet Art Lyons Inks Overall Deal With Discovery Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'