Art Lyons will exclusively produce series and specials for Discovery Studios under the overall deal announced today. “Art is an industry visionary who understands Discovery’s brand promise and sensibilities. The addition of his expertise to our already strong roster will ensure Discovery Studios continues to deliver high quality and compelling content,” said Lee Bartlett, President, Discovery Studios, in a statement. Lyons has been producing unscripted series for broadcast and cable networks for over a decade, beginning his career in development at Fox Family Channel (now ABC Family). He had a hand in launching ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, The Ultimate Fighter and Spike TV’s Auction Hunters. Lyons’ recent original projects include Discovery Channel’s The Bluegrass Boys, Treasure Chase and National Geographic’s Appalachia 911.
TV Industry Vet Art Lyons Inks Overall Deal With Discovery Studios
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV