EXCLUSIVE: TruTV has picked up Container Wars for a second season with 13-episode order. The series, from Jenny Daly’s T Group, follows treasure hunters as they descend upon commercial shipping ports to bid on what they hope are containers filled with big-ticket items. “This is modern-day treasure hunting at its best,” Daly said. “The characters are passionate, the stakes are high, and scores found in any container are limitless.” Container Wars, which debuted in January, is the latest entry in the popular unscripted genre of storage unit/container auctions that also includes A&E’s Storage Wars and its offshoots, TruTV’s Storage Hunters and Spike’s Auction Hunters. Container Wars, whose first-season back order is wrapping its run, is executive produced by Daly and Michael Binko. T Group’s portfolio includes nearly a dozen pilot and series orders so far this season, including Secret Celebrity on Oxygen, Thingamabob on H2, House of Food on MTV and Divine Intervention on NatGeo.
TruTV’s ‘Container Wars’ Renewed For Second Season
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'