EXCLUSIVE: TruTV has picked up Container Wars for a second season with 13-episode order. The series, from Jenny Daly’s T Group, follows treasure hunters as they descend upon commercial shipping ports to bid on what they hope are containers filled with big-ticket items. “This is modern-day treasure hunting at its best,” Daly said. “The characters are passionate, the stakes are high, and scores found in any container are limitless.” Container Wars, which debuted in January, is the latest entry in the popular unscripted genre of storage unit/container auctions that also includes A&E’s Storage Wars and its offshoots, TruTV’s Storage Hunters and Spike’s Auction Hunters. Container Wars, whose first-season back order is wrapping its run, is executive produced by Daly and Michael Binko. T Group’s portfolio includes nearly a dozen pilot and series orders so far this season, including Secret Celebrity on Oxygen, Thingamabob on H2, House of Food on MTV and Divine Intervention on NatGeo.
TruTV’s ‘Container Wars’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate