EXCLUSIVE: TruTV has picked up Container Wars for a second season with 13-episode order. The series, from Jenny Daly’s T Group, follows treasure hunters as they descend upon commercial shipping ports to bid on what they hope are containers filled with big-ticket items. “This is modern–day treasure hunting at its best,” Daly said. “The characters are passionate, the stakes are high, and scores found in any container are limitless.” Container Wars, which debuted in January, is the latest entry in the popular unscripted genre of storage unit/container auctions that also includes A&E’s Storage Wars and its offshoots, TruTV’s Storage Hunters and Spike’s Auction Hunters. Container Wars, whose first-season back order is wrapping its run, is executive produced by Daly and Michael Binko. T Group’s portfolio includes nearly a dozen pilot and series orders so far this season, including Secret Celebrity on Oxygen, Thingamabob on H2, House of Food on MTV and Divine Intervention on NatGeo.
TruTV’s ‘Container Wars’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis