EXCLUSIVE: TruTV has picked up Container Wars for a second season with 13-episode order. The series, from Jenny Daly’s T Group, follows treasure hunters as they descend upon commercial shipping ports to bid on what they hope are containers filled with big-ticket items. “This is modern-day treasure hunting at its best,” Daly said. “The characters are passionate, the stakes are high, and scores found in any container are limitless.” Container Wars, which debuted in January, is the latest entry in the popular unscripted genre of storage unit/container auctions that also includes A&E’s Storage Wars and its offshoots, TruTV’s Storage Hunters and Spike’s Auction Hunters. Container Wars, whose first-season back order is wrapping its run, is executive produced by Daly and Michael Binko. T Group’s portfolio includes nearly a dozen pilot and series orders so far this season, including Secret Celebrity on Oxygen, Thingamabob on H2, House of Food on MTV and Divine Intervention on NatGeo.
TruTV’s ‘Container Wars’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'