The newly titled Transformers: Age Of Extinction will open on June 27, 2014, Paramount said today in announcing some tweaks to its release schedule. The fourth pic in the franchise is being directed by Michael Bay and stars Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, TJ Miller, Titus Welliver, Han Geng and Li Bingbing and is currently in production. The studio scooped itself a bit when it unveiled the new title and release date in some key art at the beginning of the month. Meanwhile, Terminator, the franchise reboot from Skydance and Annapurna Pictures, has been bumped back from June 26, 2015 to a Wednesday, July 1. That puts it in the Fourth of July weekend wheelhouse along with Fox’s Independence Day sequel and an under-wraps animated pic from Illumination Entertainment. Alexander Payne’s Nebraska, previously scheduled for a limited release November 22, 2013, will now open November 15 as it continues its fall festival swing.
Paramount Confirms ‘Transformers: Age Of Extinction’ Release Date; ‘Terminator’ Shifts To Fourth Of July Frame In 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- FilmBuff Acquires ‘Thank You For Playing’ Docu About Creation Of ‘That Dragon, Cancer’ Video Game
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Emily Blunt Saddles Up For ‘My Little Pony’
- Michael Pena On #OscarsSoWhite – “Is It The Voting Body”? – Berlin
- Paramount Closing Domestic Deal For George Clooney’s ‘Suburbicon’- Berlin
- George Clooney Sit-Down With Angela Merkel Puts Spotlight On Refugee Crisis – Berlin