The newly titled Transformers: Age Of Extinction will open on June 27, 2014, Paramount said today in announcing some tweaks to its release schedule. The fourth pic in the franchise is being directed by Michael Bay and stars Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, TJ Miller, Titus Welliver, Han Geng and Li Bingbing and is currently in production. The studio scooped itself a bit when it unveiled the new title and release date in some key art at the beginning of the month. Meanwhile, Terminator, the franchise reboot from Skydance and Annapurna Pictures, has been bumped back from June 26, 2015 to a Wednesday, July 1. That puts it in the Fourth of July weekend wheelhouse along with Fox’s Independence Day sequel and an under-wraps animated pic from Illumination Entertainment. Alexander Payne’s Nebraska, previously scheduled for a limited release November 22, 2013, will now open November 15 as it continues its fall festival swing.
Paramount Confirms ‘Transformers: Age Of Extinction’ Release Date; ‘Terminator’ Shifts To Fourth Of July Frame In 2015
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards 2018 Winners – The Complete List
- UCLA Entertainment Symposium Tackles Paramount Issues With COO
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Eyes $146M WW Weekend Bow With $65M From China
- ‘Ready Player One’ Cast Celebrate Spielberg; Talk Surprise Set Visits From George Lucas & Tom Cruise…
- Film Academy President John Bailey On Sex Harassment: “That Did Not Happen”
- Barry Diller Says Weinstein “A Gorilla”, Trump “Bad Character” & Explains Why He’d Never Own A Studio…