The newly titled Transformers: Age Of Extinction will open on June 27, 2014, Paramount said today in announcing some tweaks to its release schedule. The fourth pic in the franchise is being directed by Michael Bay and stars Mark Wahlberg, Stanley Tucci, Kelsey Grammer, Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz, Sophia Myles, TJ Miller, Titus Welliver, Han Geng and Li Bingbing and is currently in production. The studio scooped itself a bit when it unveiled the new title and release date in some key art at the beginning of the month. Meanwhile, Terminator, the franchise reboot from Skydance and Annapurna Pictures, has been bumped back from June 26, 2015 to a Wednesday, July 1. That puts it in the Fourth of July weekend wheelhouse along with Fox’s Independence Day sequel and an under-wraps animated pic from Illumination Entertainment. Alexander Payne’s Nebraska, previously scheduled for a limited release November 22, 2013, will now open November 15 as it continues its fall festival swing.
Paramount Confirms ‘Transformers: Age Of Extinction’ Release Date; ‘Terminator’ Shifts To Fourth Of July Frame In 2015
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Team
- Discovery Studios Signs Exec Producer Rob Kerr
- National Geographic Channel Orders Series On Alaskan Log-Rafting From Gurney Productions
- 'Exodus: Gods And Kings' Trailer: Christian Bale & Ridley Scott Take On 'Ten Commandments'
- Ben Affleck On 'Daily Show': Jon Stewart “Spoils” 'Gone Girl' & 'Batman Vs. Superman' (Video)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Josh Gad & More Flock To Voice Cast
- GLAAD TV Report: ABC Family, HBO, MTV “Excellent”; A&E, History, TNT Fail