EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Scottish writer/director David Mackenzie, whose latest film Starred Up premiered at Telluride and Toronto. He had been with WME. Starred Up stars Jack O’Connell and Ben Mendelsohn and is about a juvenile offender so troubled and violent that he gets “starred up” to the adult prison system of England, where his estranged and equally violent father awaits him. The film makes its European debut at the London Film Festival October 10. Mackenzie previusly helmed Young Adam, Perfect Sense and Mister Foe. All those films and Starred Up were produced by Mackenzie and producing partner Gillian Berrie’s Sigma Films. Sean Gascoine of United Agents continues to rep him in the UK.
Toronto: UTA Signs ‘Starred Up’ Scottish Helmer David Mackenzie
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter