EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed Scottish writer/director David Mackenzie, whose latest film Starred Up premiered at Telluride and Toronto. He had been with WME. Starred Up stars Jack O’Connell and Ben Mendelsohn and is about a juvenile offender so troubled and violent that he gets “starred up” to the adult prison system of England, where his estranged and equally violent father awaits him. The film makes its European debut at the London Film Festival October 10. Mackenzie previusly helmed Young Adam, Perfect Sense and Mister Foe. All those films and Starred Up were produced by Mackenzie and producing partner Gillian Berrie’s Sigma Films. Sean Gascoine of United Agents continues to rep him in the UK.
Toronto: UTA Signs ‘Starred Up’ Scottish Helmer David Mackenzie
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest