Tribeca Film acquired U.S. rights to the Marion Vernoux-directed Bright Days Ahead, which gets its North American preem tonight at Toronto after being released in France earlier this year. The Vernoux-scripted adaptation of the Franny Chesnel novel A Young Girl With Gray Hair stars Fanny Ardant, along with Laurent Lafitte, Patrick Chesnais, Jean-Francois Stevenin, and Marie Riviere. Pic’s a co-production between Les Films du Kiosque and 27.11 Production. A retiree finally gets the chance to take care of her children and husband and she is bored to tears in no time. She’s invited to her neighborhood’s senior club and finds mischief there and a break from obligation and conformity.
Toronto: Tribeca Acquires ‘Bright Days Ahead’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation