Tribeca Film acquired U.S. rights to the Marion Vernoux-directed Bright Days Ahead, which gets its North American preem tonight at Toronto after being released in France earlier this year. The Vernoux-scripted adaptation of the Franny Chesnel novel A Young Girl With Gray Hair stars Fanny Ardant, along with Laurent Lafitte, Patrick Chesnais, Jean-Francois Stevenin, and Marie Riviere. Pic’s a co-production between Les Films du Kiosque and 27.11 Production. A retiree finally gets the chance to take care of her children and husband and she is bored to tears in no time. She’s invited to her neighborhood’s senior club and finds mischief there and a break from obligation and conformity.
Toronto: Tribeca Acquires ‘Bright Days Ahead’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Voltage Sets John Moore And William Wisher For Pierce Brosnan-Starrer 'I.T.'