Ron Howard directed the concert documentary that will have its world premiere in Toronto on Saturday. The Exchange has now nabbed international rights to the pic, which centers on last fall’s Made In America music festival put on by Jay-Z and the success stories of the artists, fans, vendors, stage hands and neighbors whose lives were impacted by the event. Jay-Z, Imagine Entertainment, RadicalMedia and Participant Media are producers. Showtime recently picked up TV rights and will air it October 11. The rights deal was brokered by CAA, Laura Ivey and Max Leeds of The Exchange.
Toronto: The Exchange Nabs Foreign Rights To Jay-Z Docu ‘Made In America’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?