Oscar winner Jim Broadbent and Ray Stevenson (Thor, GI Joe: Retaliation) have joined the cast of action adventure pic Big Game. Samuel L. Jackson is playing the president of the United States in the film that starts shooting today. It’s written and directed by Jalmari Helander, the Finnish helmer of 2010′s Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale. The story centers on a shy 13-year-old boy (Onni Tommila) who undergoes a test of manhood by spending a day and night alone in the wilderness. On the same night, Air Force One is shot down by terrorists and the boy discovers the president in an escape pod in the forest where the pair team up in a struggle for survival. Also joining the cast is German actor Mehmet Kurtulus. Petri Jokiranta is producing for Subzero; Will Clarke and Andy Mayson for Altitude Film and Jens Meurer for Egoli Tossell. Alex Garland is executive producer. Altitude has worldwide sales and is jointly repping North America with WME.
Toronto: Samuel L. Jackson-Starrer ‘Big Game’ Adds Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 1
- 'The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel' Checks In With New Trailer
- 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Ferris Bueller' & More Added To National Film Registry
- 'Mr Turner', 'Birdman' Lead London Critics' Circle Film Awards Nominations
- 10-Year-Old Newcomer Ruby Barnhill To Star In Steven Spielberg's 'The BFG'
- Footloose 'Hobbit' Grows; 'Mockingjay' Tempers 'Fire': Intl Box Office Final