The Pulitzer winner’s next directorial project starring Cate Blanchett will be presented to international buyers in Toronto by The Solution Entertainment Group, the company founders said today. “Blackbird promises to be a nail-biting thriller in the hands of the talented David Mamet and the exceptional Cate Blanchett in the lead role. We’re delighted to be on board the project in Toronto,” said The Solution’s Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel. SBS Productions and ICM will handle domestic rights; The film is being financed and produced by Saïd Ben Saïd’s Paris-based SBS. Blackbird follows Janet (Blanchett) as she travels to her Hollywood VFX artist grandfather’s funeral. She soon learns that her relative also did sidework for Special Forces and the Intelligence community — secrets that now put her life in danger. Blackbird is scheduled to start filming in Sydney in January. Mamet is repped by ICM Partners. Blanchett is repped by CAA.
Toronto: The Solution Nabs Overseas Rights To David Mamet’s ‘Blackbird’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- 'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Hit Low, CBS & Fox Tackled By NFL Overruns
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms