Following last night’s Toronto premiere of Lara Zizic and David Turner’s Mission Congo, Tel Aviv-based sales firm Cinephil (The Gatekeepers, The Act of Killing) has acquired international rights to the pic. The controversial docu is buzzy thanks to its allegations that televangelist Pat Robertson and his Operation Blessing aid outfit misappropriated millions during the Rwandan refugee crisis, instead funneling donations into a diamond mining business. Robertson’s camp is considering legal action, according to a Virginia-Pilot report. Cinetic is repping U.S. sales.
Toronto: Cinephil Boards Pat Robertson Docu ‘Mission Congo’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Set To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’