Following last night’s Toronto premiere of Lara Zizic and David Turner’s Mission Congo, Tel Aviv-based sales firm Cinephil (The Gatekeepers, The Act of Killing) has acquired international rights to the pic. The controversial docu is buzzy thanks to its allegations that televangelist Pat Robertson and his Operation Blessing aid outfit misappropriated millions during the Rwandan refugee crisis, instead funneling donations into a diamond mining business. Robertson’s camp is considering legal action, according to a Virginia-Pilot report. Cinetic is repping U.S. sales.
Toronto: Cinephil Boards Pat Robertson Docu ‘Mission Congo’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV