Following last night’s Toronto premiere of Lara Zizic and David Turner’s Mission Congo, Tel Aviv-based sales firm Cinephil (The Gatekeepers, The Act of Killing) has acquired international rights to the pic. The controversial docu is buzzy thanks to its allegations that televangelist Pat Robertson and his Operation Blessing aid outfit misappropriated millions during the Rwandan refugee crisis, instead funneling donations into a diamond mining business. Robertson’s camp is considering legal action, according to a Virginia-Pilot report. Cinetic is repping U.S. sales.
Toronto: Cinephil Boards Pat Robertson Docu ‘Mission Congo’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…