Following last night’s Toronto premiere of Lara Zizic and David Turner’s Mission Congo, Tel Aviv-based sales firm Cinephil (The Gatekeepers, The Act of Killing) has acquired international rights to the pic. The controversial docu is buzzy thanks to its allegations that televangelist Pat Robertson and his Operation Blessing aid outfit misappropriated millions during the Rwandan refugee crisis, instead funneling donations into a diamond mining business. Robertson’s camp is considering legal action, according to a Virginia-Pilot report. Cinetic is repping U.S. sales.
Toronto: Cinephil Boards Pat Robertson Docu ‘Mission Congo’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa