Following last night’s Toronto premiere of Lara Zizic and David Turner’s Mission Congo, Tel Aviv-based sales firm Cinephil (The Gatekeepers, The Act of Killing) has acquired international rights to the pic. The controversial docu is buzzy thanks to its allegations that televangelist Pat Robertson and his Operation Blessing aid outfit misappropriated millions during the Rwandan refugee crisis, instead funneling donations into a diamond mining business. Robertson’s camp is considering legal action, according to a Virginia-Pilot report. Cinetic is repping U.S. sales.
Toronto: Cinephil Boards Pat Robertson Docu ‘Mission Congo’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List