Elevation Pictures is the new Canada distribution company from ex-Maple Pictures co-founder and co-president Laurie May. The new venture was introduced at the Toronto Film Fest today, two years after Maple was sold by Lionsgate to Canada’s Alliance Films in 2011. The announcement out of Toronto was accompanied with news of Elevation’s first distribution deal for Black Bear Pictures’ The Imitation Game, directed by Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) from the 2011 Black List script. The pic starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley will be the first in a strategic alliance between Elevation and NY-based Black Bear Pictures (Broken City, All Is Lost, A.C.O.D.). CAA negotiated the deal.
Canadian Distributor Elevation Pictures Launches With ‘The Imitation Game’
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘The Simpsons’ Nancy Cartwright Launches Production Banner Spotted Cow With First Projects In Place…
- Barack Obama First-Date Movie ‘Southside With You’ Near Deal With Miramax, Roadside Attractions
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps The Best Actor Race – AwardsLine
- ‘Rebel In The Rye’ Adds Laura Dern, Brian d’Arcy James & Hope Davis – Berlin
- Jack McBrayer, Danny Pudi & Joe Manganiello Work Blue In ‘Smurfs’ Sequel; Betty Gabriel Joins ‘Get Out…
- Nicolas Cage Reunites With ‘Ghost Rider’ Helmer On Horror Thriller ‘Mom And Dad’ – Berlin