Elevation Pictures is the new Canada distribution company from ex-Maple Pictures co-founder and co-president Laurie May. The new venture was introduced at the Toronto Film Fest today, two years after Maple was sold by Lionsgate to Canada’s Alliance Films in 2011. The announcement out of Toronto was accompanied with news of Elevation’s first distribution deal for Black Bear Pictures’ The Imitation Game, directed by Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) from the 2011 Black List script. The pic starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley will be the first in a strategic alliance between Elevation and NY-based Black Bear Pictures (Broken City, All Is Lost, A.C.O.D.). CAA negotiated the deal.
Canadian Distributor Elevation Pictures Launches With ‘The Imitation Game’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Bron Studios Secures Revolving $50M Credit Line From Comerica Bank
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?