Elevation Pictures is the new Canada distribution company from ex-Maple Pictures co-founder and co-president Laurie May. The new venture was introduced at the Toronto Film Fest today, two years after Maple was sold by Lionsgate to Canada’s Alliance Films in 2011. The announcement out of Toronto was accompanied with news of Elevation’s first distribution deal for Black Bear Pictures’ The Imitation Game, directed by Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) from the 2011 Black List script. The pic starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley will be the first in a strategic alliance between Elevation and NY-based Black Bear Pictures (Broken City, All Is Lost, A.C.O.D.). CAA negotiated the deal.
Canadian Distributor Elevation Pictures Launches With ‘The Imitation Game’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way