Elevation Pictures is the new Canada distribution company from ex-Maple Pictures co-founder and co-president Laurie May. The new venture was introduced at the Toronto Film Fest today, two years after Maple was sold by Lionsgate to Canada’s Alliance Films in 2011. The announcement out of Toronto was accompanied with news of Elevation’s first distribution deal for Black Bear Pictures’ The Imitation Game, directed by Morten Tyldum (Headhunters) from the 2011 Black List script. The pic starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley will be the first in a strategic alliance between Elevation and NY-based Black Bear Pictures (Broken City, All Is Lost, A.C.O.D.). CAA negotiated the deal.
Canadian Distributor Elevation Pictures Launches With ‘The Imitation Game’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season
- RATINGS RAT RACE: Revamped 'Dancing With The Stars' Snags Smallest Crowd For Fall Debut