EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Tommy Oliver, whose semi-autobiographical debut film 1982 premiered in Toronto last night to rousing applause at the Isabel Bader Theatre. The drama premiered in the Discovery Section and is the story of a father’s struggle to protect his 10-year old daughter from the reality of her mother’s addiction to crack. The film drew on Oliver’s upbringing in Philadelphia when the crack cocaine scourge decimated cities across the country. Keep an eye on this guy. Preferred Content is selling the film.
Toronto: CAA Signs ‘1982’ Helmer Tommy Oliver
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role