EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Tommy Oliver, whose semi-autobiographical debut film 1982 premiered in Toronto last night to rousing applause at the Isabel Bader Theatre. The drama premiered in the Discovery Section and is the story of a father’s struggle to protect his 10-year old daughter from the reality of her mother’s addiction to crack. The film drew on Oliver’s upbringing in Philadelphia when the crack cocaine scourge decimated cities across the country. Keep an eye on this guy. Preferred Content is selling the film.
Toronto: CAA Signs ’1982′ Helmer Tommy Oliver
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award