EXCLUSIVE: APA has signed Josh Waller, whose Toronto film McCanick just sold to Well Go USA. Waller is partners in SpectreVision with Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah. McCanick, produced by Bleiberg Entertainment, is the last pic Cory Montieth starred in before his death from a drug overdose. Pic is dark, gritty noir drama that takes place in a day, as a corrupt narcotics detective (David Morse) hunts down a seemingly harmless young criminal (Montieth) who knows a truth about his past. In addition to writing, producing and directing numerous short films, as well as a number of feature and documentaries in various stages of production with his SpectreVision partners, Waller previously directed Raze and is working on a sequel. Waller is also repped by Jairo Alvarado at 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Rob Symanski.
Toronto: APA Signs ‘McCanick’ Helmer Josh Waller
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Fleming Jr
- Does TV Hurt Movie Careers? 'True Detective's Matthew McConaughey Coveted For 'The Stand' And 'Gold'
- Tobey Maguire's Material Signs Oscar Sharp To Blind Deal Off Short Pic 'The Karman Line'
- Circle Of Confusion's Brad Mendelsohn To Head Lit Department
- Andrew Dominik To Script 'Shaolin Temple' For Helmer Justin Lin
- Brad Grey Takes ALS Plunge With Help From Johnny Knoxville
- EMMYS: Deadline's Live-Blog Special Guest: 'Sons Of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter