EXCLUSIVE: APA has signed Josh Waller, whose Toronto film McCanick just sold to Well Go USA. Waller is partners in SpectreVision with Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah. McCanick, produced by Bleiberg Entertainment, is the last pic Cory Montieth starred in before his death from a drug overdose. Pic is dark, gritty noir drama that takes place in a day, as a corrupt narcotics detective (David Morse) hunts down a seemingly harmless young criminal (Montieth) who knows a truth about his past. In addition to writing, producing and directing numerous short films, as well as a number of feature and documentaries in various stages of production with his SpectreVision partners, Waller previously directed Raze and is working on a sequel. Waller is also repped by Jairo Alvarado at 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Rob Symanski.
Toronto: APA Signs ‘McCanick’ Helmer Josh Waller
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release
- Morris Chestnut Boards 'Bus 657′
- Rosie Day Joins 'All Roads Lead To Rome'
- Relativity Buys Kevin Costner-Starrer 'Black Or White'
- Darren Aronofsky Added To PGA's Gotham Produced By Confab