EXCLUSIVE: APA has signed Josh Waller, whose Toronto film McCanick just sold to Well Go USA. Waller is partners in SpectreVision with Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah. McCanick, produced by Bleiberg Entertainment, is the last pic Cory Montieth starred in before his death from a drug overdose. Pic is dark, gritty noir drama that takes place in a day, as a corrupt narcotics detective (David Morse) hunts down a seemingly harmless young criminal (Montieth) who knows a truth about his past. In addition to writing, producing and directing numerous short films, as well as a number of feature and documentaries in various stages of production with his SpectreVision partners, Waller previously directed Raze and is working on a sequel. Waller is also repped by Jairo Alvarado at 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Rob Symanski.
Toronto: APA Signs ‘McCanick’ Helmer Josh Waller
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First