EXCLUSIVE: APA has signed Josh Waller, whose Toronto film McCanick just sold to Well Go USA. Waller is partners in SpectreVision with Elijah Wood and Daniel Noah. McCanick, produced by Bleiberg Entertainment, is the last pic Cory Montieth starred in before his death from a drug overdose. Pic is dark, gritty noir drama that takes place in a day, as a corrupt narcotics detective (David Morse) hunts down a seemingly harmless young criminal (Montieth) who knows a truth about his past. In addition to writing, producing and directing numerous short films, as well as a number of feature and documentaries in various stages of production with his SpectreVision partners, Waller previously directed Raze and is working on a sequel. Waller is also repped by Jairo Alvarado at 3 Arts Entertainment and attorney Rob Symanski.
Toronto: APA Signs ‘McCanick’ Helmer Josh Waller
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'
- Jacki Weaver Joins James Franco's 'Zeroville'
- Martin Scorsese & Amir Bar-Lev Truckin' On Grateful Dead Documentary Film
- TWC Acquires April Prosser Script 'Plus One'
- Brad Pitt Squirms 'Between Two Ferns': Video