EXCLUSIVE: Gaumont International Television, the U.S.-based TV production arm of French film studio Gaumont, is paying homage to its roots with a new drama project from feature duo Tony Gilroy and Dan Gilroy. Monsieur De Paris, which marks Oscar-nominated fillmmaker Tony Gilroy’s first foray into television, will be shopped at the upcoming MIPCOM TV market. Created and written by the Gilroy brothers and to be directed by Tony Gilroy, Monsieur De Paris is set in the world of Paris 1931. It tells the story of the official executioner of France, keeper of the guillotine and caretaker of a medieval ritual transposed into a modern world. Born into a profession passed down through six generations, he has ceased attempting to run from his chosen calling but still refuses to let it define him. He is a man who lives two lives — husband and family man, and sanctioned killer of the republic. “We’ve waited a long time to find the right moment, the right idea, and the right place to have a long-form adventure,” said Tony Gilroy. “Everyone knows the most imaginative, electric storytelling is happening on the second screen these days and we’re terribly excited about being part of it.” Tony Gilroy has co-written all installments in the Bourne film series and directed The Bourne Legacy, which he co-wrote with Dan. Tony received a writing and directing Oscar nominations for Michael Clayton. Dan Gilroy next has Nightcrawler coming up. GIT, led by Katie O’Connel, has two returning series, NBC’s Hannibal and Netflix’s Hemlock Grove.
Tony Gilroy, Dan Gilroy Team With Gaumont For 20th Century Paris Drama Series
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo