The Oscar winner is updating the 1972 western that starred John Wayne, Bruce Dern and a pack of young’uns who are tasked with handling a long cattle drive. Tommy Lee Jones will write and direct The Cowboys, with Donald De Line producing and Lynn Harris overseeing for Warner Bros. The remake will be Jones’ next project after The Homesman, a frontier drama he co-wrote, directed, produced and stars in. No word on whether he’ll appear in the Cowboys redo. Variety first reported the news.
Tommy Lee Jones To Write And Direct ‘The Cowboys’ Remake For Warners
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Stana Katic Scrubs In For Horror Movie ‘Cadaver’ At Screen Gems
- Joachim Rønning Attached To Direct David Heyman’s ‘Methuselah’ With Tom Cruise
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Director Search Ongoing, But No Offers Yet
- ‘Inferno’ Starts Weekend With $800K – Box Office
- UK High Court Orders ISPs To Block 13 Piracy Websites