Looks like founding editor Tina Brown‘s time at the Barry Diller-owned The Daily Beast is finished. Diller’s IAC will not be renewing the former New Yorker and Vanity Fair editor’s contract in January, say news reports today. A separation settlement is still being negotiated. Brown is starting a new company called Tina Brown Live Media to facilitate events like the Women In The World conference she started three years ago. Editor-in-chief Brown and Diller started the Daily Beast back in 2008 and merged the news site with Newsweek when IAC purchased the weekly mag in 2010. IAC shuttered Newsweek’s print edition in late 2012 and sold the entity in early August. Buzzfeed reported Brown’s upcoming departure earlier today.
Tina Brown Out At Daily Beast: Report
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Napa Valley Film Fest Says “The Show Must Go On” Despite Quakes, Sets Lineup
- Keith OIbermann's ESPN2 Program Moving; He'll Anchor Some 'SportsCenter' Shows (Video)
- Hot Trailer: 'The Pyramid'
- Lionsgate Nabs Schwarzenegger Starrer 'Maggie'; Oscilloscope Rocks With 'Jingle Bell' Docu
- Kathryn Prescott Joins CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- Hot TV Teaser: 'The Affair'