Sony Pictures said today it is re-releasing the Sony/Columbia raunch comedy in about 2000 theaters beginning Friday. The ensemble comedy about what happens to six pals trapped in a house as the apocalypse begins outside stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Michael Cera and Emma Watson and has grossed $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since it bowed June 14 opposite Man Of Steel. This Is The End was marketed squarely at a young adult male audience and was situated on the release schedule to counterprogram the Superman pic. “This Is The End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer”, said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, in the release announcing the plans. “For everyone who didn’t get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.” Rogen and Evan Goldberg directed their screenplay and produced with James Weaver.
‘This Is The End’ Returning To Theaters In Quest For $100M
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $56M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Dips Below $60M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Bit By ‘Pets’ — Box Office…
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Climbs On Social Media After Moving Comic-Con World Premiere
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Crosses $300M & Becomes Third-Highest-Grossing Horror Franchise
- Tony Danza Game For ‘White Rabbit Red Rabbit’ Play