Sony Pictures said today it is re-releasing the Sony/Columbia raunch comedy in about 2000 theaters beginning Friday. The ensemble comedy about what happens to six pals trapped in a house as the apocalypse begins outside stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Michael Cera and Emma Watson and has grossed $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since it bowed June 14 opposite Man Of Steel. This Is The End was marketed squarely at a young adult male audience and was situated on the release schedule to counterprogram the Superman pic. “This Is The End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer”, said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, in the release announcing the plans. “For everyone who didn’t get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.” Rogen and Evan Goldberg directed their screenplay and produced with James Weaver.
‘This Is The End’ Returning To Theaters In Quest For $100M
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company