Sony Pictures said today it is re-releasing the Sony/Columbia raunch comedy in about 2000 theaters beginning Friday. The ensemble comedy about what happens to six pals trapped in a house as the apocalypse begins outside stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Michael Cera and Emma Watson and has grossed $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since it bowed June 14 opposite Man Of Steel. This Is The End was marketed squarely at a young adult male audience and was situated on the release schedule to counterprogram the Superman pic. “This Is The End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer”, said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, in the release announcing the plans. “For everyone who didn’t get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.” Rogen and Evan Goldberg directed their screenplay and produced with James Weaver.
‘This Is The End’ Returning To Theaters In Quest For $100M
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot