Sony Pictures said today it is re-releasing the Sony/Columbia raunch comedy in about 2000 theaters beginning Friday. The ensemble comedy about what happens to six pals trapped in a house as the apocalypse begins outside stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Michael Cera and Emma Watson and has grossed $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since it bowed June 14 opposite Man Of Steel. This Is The End was marketed squarely at a young adult male audience and was situated on the release schedule to counterprogram the Superman pic. “This Is The End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer”, said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, in the release announcing the plans. “For everyone who didn’t get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.” Rogen and Evan Goldberg directed their screenplay and produced with James Weaver.
‘This Is The End’ Returning To Theaters In Quest For $100M
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'