Sony Pictures said today it is re-releasing the Sony/Columbia raunch comedy in about 2000 theaters beginning Friday. The ensemble comedy about what happens to six pals trapped in a house as the apocalypse begins outside stars James Franco, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson, Michael Cera and Emma Watson and has grossed $96.8 million to date at the domestic box office since it bowed June 14 opposite Man Of Steel. This Is The End was marketed squarely at a young adult male audience and was situated on the release schedule to counterprogram the Superman pic. “This Is The End really struck a chord with comedy moviegoers this summer”, said Rory Bruer, president of Worldwide Distribution for Sony Pictures, in the release announcing the plans. “For everyone who didn’t get a chance to see it — or saw it and loved it and wants to see it again on the big screen — we are thrilled to have it back in theaters.” Rogen and Evan Goldberg directed their screenplay and produced with James Weaver.
‘This Is The End’ Returning To Theaters In Quest For $100M
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Woofs It Past $500M At International Box Office
- ‘Inferno’ Getting Scorched At U.S. Box Office, But Overseas Hoping To Be Its Savior – Noon Update
- Iggy Pop Rocks In Jim Jarmusch's 'Gimme Danger' & 'Trumped' Returns Pre-Election – Specialty B.O. Preview
- Andrew Rannells And Christian Borle Are Tender, If Unlikely, Lovers In ‘Falsettos’ Revival – Review
- Battling Times Square, Propping Up Clinton And Cheering Jake Gyllenhaal: Gerard & Roth
- Putting ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Opening Projections In Perspective