Hany Abu-Assad has been hired to helm the English-language remake of Park Chan-wook’s Sympathy For Mister Vengeance. The Dutch-Palestinian director best known for his Oscar-nominated 2005 pic Paradise Now also recently won the Jury Prize at Cannes for his latest film, Omar. Mister Vengeance follows a man seeking a black market kidney for his sister whose plan unravels in violence and revenge.
‘Sympathy For Mister Vengeance’ Remake Taps ‘Paradise Now’ Helmer
What's Hot on Deadline
James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Latest Film News
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter
- Sinqua Walls Cast In ‘Otherhood’; Madelyn Cline Boards ‘Once Upon A Time In Staten Island’